Thursday, January 5, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Business Casual

Hello everyone! This is Winny and I am super excited to make my first blog entry here on fittedframes as well.  In addition, I am also super exhausted and frustrated from spending two plus hours in trying to take decent, blog-worthy pictures of my clothes. Unfortunately, there are little fruits of my inexperienced labor.  Props go out to all you bloggers out there that devote so much time and effort into your sites! Nonetheless, I hope to share with you some of the newest steals and additions to my petite friendly wardrobe. I actually wore the pieces below today for work hence the title of the entry. Enjoy!






Jacket: H&M- last season's style (Size 2)


Truth is, I was really hesitant in getting both of the above. Beginning with the heels, I really disliked the extra large studded plaque that rests on top of the toe.  I ordered it mainly as a stuffer for free shipping. Had the plaque been smaller and did not extend out of the toe parameters, I would have bought it in a heartbeat considering the price I paid for these were a little under $25! But when I received them in the mail and pranced around in them, I fell in love with the gorgeous green patent and how comfortable these actually were for nearly 4 inch heels.  So far, I've worn it with dark skinny denim and grey slacks - the pumps add such a nice and interesting detail to a more basic outfit. But hey, I understand how they may not be everyone's cup of tea. Some of my co-workers told me that the heels looked really nice.  Maggie says they look like Chinese foot binding shoes. haha I could see what she means but still, I love them and I plan to wear them much more often when warmer weather rolls around. In this photo shoot, I wasn't really able to take good pics of them since I had no tripod and was operating solo. So next time I pair them with something, I will be sure to make up for this today's visual deficit for these guys.



Now, the H&M jacket was bought for $20 (on sale, original was $35) and I really liked the style and flattering cut of the jacket. BUT I could not stand how awkward the jacket looked when I sit which results in a bulging opening between the second and third button.  It becomes rather unsightly.  If there was no undershirt, it's as if it's a window for my belly button to say hi. lol  In addition, the material is H&M quality - which is not that great.  But in the end, my fascination with the unique silhouette and collar of the jacket rendered it a purchase to come home with me. I persuaded myself with how I could sew on a hidden hook to keep the fabric from separating (which I haven't gotten around to yet).  And if worse comes to worse, I will just wear it unbuttoned.  Like the shoes, Maggie shows disfavor towards this jacket. I have my own reservations about it as well as I have stated above. But hopefully, in my future shopping expeditions, I will find something with a similar cut, but higher quality, and void of uneven fabric distribution. I'm not completely happy with this purchase but good enough for $20 as of now.

So here are some meager pics that I managed to take of myself in them and that I had to reluctantly choose. 



The collar and cut looks so sophisticated yet classy. I wore F21 pearls underneath to soften the sharp and defined lines of the jacket. Again, I really wished I could show a full body shot with the Talbots pumps but something just kept getting cut off in my pictures.  Getting annoyed just thinking about it. 

Hopefully, next time will be better. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!

-Winny

No comments:

Post a Comment