Sunday, January 1, 2012

CVS Beauty Clearance Raid

This is my first blog entry on Fitted Frames! I'm excited to be sharing my purchases and experiences with our readers =)
~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a recent follower of Nouveau Cheap and I've basically been obsessed with this blog! As a makeup hoarder/ bargain hunter, you can only imagine my reaction when I saw the post on the CVS beauty clearance. I managed to make my way to a couple of stores and here is what I picked up:
Maybelline Eyestudio Creme Eye Shadow trio in Neutral Liaisons
Original Price: $7.79
Sale Price: (50% off) $3.90
Used a $1 off coupon
Final Price: $2.90

The colors come out quite pigmented, but I prefer to use these as a base for my other eye shadows (the first shade is too similar to my skin color to be used by itself).

Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow in Lavender Meadow and Blushed Wines
Original Price: $7.29
Sales Price: (75% off) $1.83
Again, very pigmented but I find the staying power to be lacking- for an eye shadow that claims to last 12 hours...it doesn't really cut it.

Almay Intense i-color trios for hazels, greens, and browns


Original Price: $7.99
Sale Price: (75% off) $2.35


I haven't opened these yet cause I just found a $2 off Almay coupon in my P&G saver two days ago. I'm debating if I should bring them back for a price adjustment...if I do, the final price of these come out to 35 cents! (This is definitely extreme couponing worthy if you get your hands on this coupon and still manage to find these at your CVS!)

Happy New Years! My New Years Resolution is to commit myself to this blog and see where it leads!

Maggie

CVS, Maybelline, Almay, Revlon, eye shadow

1 comment:

  1. u should totally do the price adjustment!
    great first post! keep it up!
    i'm here cuz jessie sent me <3 hope u'll follow back doll.

    ReplyDelete